帖子
精华
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
跳转到指定楼层
1#
发表于 2010-8-12 17:43:14 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
8647.jpg

【内容简介】

Stepan Oblonsky's wife Dolly had discovered that her husband was having an affair. With her beauty fading and her household a wreck, she had had enough. Stepan fretfully wrote to his sister, Anna Karenina, asking her to come to Moscow and convince Dolly not to leave him.

Later, while working at his job in the entrenched Moscow bureaucracy, Stepan received an unexpected visitor: Levin, an old friend from the university, came to discuss Dolly's sister Kitty, whom he wanted to marry. After being informed by Stepan that he had a rival for Kitty's affections, a certain Count Vronsky of St. Petersburg, Levin resolved that he would propose to Kitty that very night.

At that same moment, Anna and Count Vronsky were riding together in a train bound for Moscow. Vronsky noticed the charming woman as he made his way to the first-class compartment that he shared with his mother. He had time to take note of "the suppressed eagerness which played over her face" as their eyes met, and she remained in his mind. However, upon reaching their destination, the two went their separate ways - Anna to her brother's home, Vronsky and his mother to a hotel.

Approached by Anna, Dolly at first refused to discuss her husband's infidelity. "Everything's lost after what has happened, everything's over!" she raged. But finally she relented to Anna's plea to keep the family together.

Meanwhile, Levin had arrived early at a dinner party hosted by the parents of Kitty and Dolly, determined to make his desires known to Kitty before the appearance of the rich and handsome Count. But "That cannot be ... forgive me," Kitty replied upon hearing his stammering proposal. Crushed by the rejection, Levin escaped from the gathering at the first opportunity.

A few days later, at her coming-out ball, Kitty couldn't help but notice how Anna and Vronsky kept gazing at each other. Vronsky's face had a look that puzzled her . . . "like the expression of an intelligent dog when it had done wrong." It was clear to Kitty that the two were in love.

Nevertheless, with her task of seeing to Stepan and Dolly completed, Anna boarded the next train for St. Petersburg. She thought of her son, Seryozha, and her husband, Alexey. "... My life will go on in the old way, all nice and as usual," she thought. But she found that she could not easily dismiss Count Vronsky from her mind. And stepping along the way, as Anna stepped out for a breath of air, there he was. "You know that I have come to be where you are; I can't help it," confessed the officer. Anna was both delighted and flattered by this, but it was simply unthinkable that anything could come of his attraction to her. After all, she was a married woman.

Back in Moscow, Kitty was devastated. Not only had Count Vronsky spurned her, but Levin had also left the city to supervise work on his country estate. Humiliated and distraught, Kitty became so ill with despair that she was soon unable to eat or sleep. Her frantic parents, after finding no restorative medical treatment in Moscow, sent her to Europe to consult various doctors.

Meanwhile, life for Anna in St. Petersburg remained strangely unsettled. The happiness that in Moscow "had fairly flashed from her eyes, [now seemed] hidden somewhere far away." To her further disquiet, the love-struck Vronsky took every opportunity to see her. One night she knelt and begged him to leave her in peace; but still he persisted: "I can't think of you and myself apart. You and I are one to me." And at that moment Anna "let her eyes rest on him, full of love."

Soon afterward, Alexey Karenina walked into a party and found his wife with Vronsky; but Anna denied any impropriety. Still, she and Vronsky met night after night, with Alexey seemingly powerless or unwilling to stop them. Anna by now felt "so sinful, so guilty"; but still she could not curb her passion for the Count.

The following summer, while staving at her husband's villa outside the city, Anna confronted her lover with an announcement: she was pregnant. Though he understood the gravity of Anna's position, Vronsky smiled. This was the "turning point he had been longing for."

"Leave your husband and make our life one," he implored. But Anna shook her head. If she left, Alexey would take sole custody of Seryozha and she would not be allowed to see her son. But Anna did promise Vronsky that she would tell her husband the truth about the child she was carrying.

When Anna made her confession, Alexey, instead of showing jealousy or indignation, merely warned his wife against "public displays of flirtation." His sole concern was to preserve his social and business reputation; a duel or a divorce would only serve to disgrace him. "The family cannot be broken up by a whim, a caprice, or even by the sin of one of the partners in the marriage," he informed Anna  "...Our life must go on as it has done in the past."

Anna reacted to his words at first with guilt and shame, but this quickly turned to anger: "He knows that I can't repent that I breathe, that I love; he knows that it can lead to nothing but lying and deceit- but he wants to go on torturing me..." Vronsky also was increasingly anxious to begin a new life with Anna, who would not leave her son. And so, "the position was one of misery for all three..."

Kitty had by now returned to Moscow, feeling somewhat better. One morning, just after dawn, Levin caught sight of her in a carriage, as it skirted his estate destined for her family's summer home. The pangs of love, long since buried, welled up in him once more. Months later, taking advantage of a trip to the city, he called again upon Kitty. It was apparent to both that they cared deeply for each other, and, after a proper courtship, they were united as man and wife. Levin, for years caught up in trying to find out who he was and where he fit in God's universe, had finally and happily found his place.

But in St. Petersburg, relationships were breaking up. The nearer Anna came to the birth of her child, the more demanding and cold Alexey became. Then Anna survived a deadly fever to give birth to a baby girl. Oddly, the difficulty of the birth eased the tensions between herself and her husband. At the other extreme, Vronsky saw no end to the barriers separating him from his lover. Desperate at the prospect of living without Anna, he unsuccessfully tried shooting himself. Still torn, Anna finally did move in with him, and soon the couple left Russia to live in Italy for a time.

Meanwhile, Kitty and Levin were living on their estate outside of Moscow. Levin felt gratified to be spiritually sustained by a loving wife. Like Anna, Kitty went through a difficult pregnancy, but it culminated in the birth of a fine little boy. Theirs was an idyllic life.

Upon returning from Italy to St. Petersburg, Vronsky and Anna, found themselves ostracized. Gossip followed them everywhere. The couple argued frequently, and Anna, in a burst of depression, finally accused Vronsky of being unfaithful. Even after they moved into a newly-inherited estate, Anna felt alone in the world. She revived her habit of taking a little morphine to help her sleep, a legacy from her pregnancy.

Summer turned to winter, and the family relocated again, this time to Moscow. There, the badly strained relationship fared no better. Though Anna pled for Vronsky to love her and give her security, at the same time she increasingly insisted on greater freedom. "This is becoming unbearable!" Vronsky screamed one day. "Why do you try my patience? It has limits." Anna could only gaze at him "with terror at the undisguised hatred in his whole face." Vronsky checked himself: "I mean to say ... I must ask what it is you want of me?" "All I want," she replied, "is that you don't desert me, as you think of doing .... I want love, and there is none... " Vronsky vainly protested; he would never cease to love her.

Suddenly, Anna turned on Vronsky, cursing him for the sacrifices she had made to be with him - her marriage, her son, her social position ...

Delirious with bitterness, Anna had no place to turn; Vronsky, she was convinced, had found another, and she could never return to Alexey. Ambling into the train station, she purchased a ticket. Then, standing on the platform, watching the trains, she said to herself "I will punish him and escape from everyone and from myself."

Measuring both the speed of the oncoming train and her resolve to end her suffering, she jumped. "... Something huge and merciless struck her on the head and rolled on her back.... 'Lord, forgive me all!"

Anna Karenina was dead.

【作者简介】

Leo Tolstoy

Leo Tolstoy (born Sept. 9, 1828, Yasnaya Polyana, Tula province, Russian Empire-died Nov. 20, 1910, Astapovo, Ryazan province) Russian writer, one of the world\'s greatest novelists, He was already known as a brilliant writer for the short stories in Sevastopol Sketches (1855–56) and the novel The Cossacks (1863) when War and Peace (1865–69) established him as Russia\'s preeminent novelist. Set during the Napoleonic Wars, the novel examines the lives of a large group of characters, centring on the partly autobiographical figure of the spiritually questing Pierre. Its structure, with its flawless placement of complex characters in a turbulent historical setting, is regarded as one of the great technical achievements in the history of the Western novel. His other great novel, Anna Karenina (1875–77), concerns an aristocratic woman who deserts her husband for a lover and the search for meaning by another autobiographical character, Levin. After its publication Tolstoy underwent a spiritual crisis and turned to a form of Christian anarchism. Advocating simplicity and nonviolence, he devoted himself to social reform. His later works include The Death of Ivan Ilich (1886), often considered the greatest novella in Russian literature, and What Is Art? (1898), which condemns fashionable aestheticism and celebrates art\'s moral and religious functions.

中文版:《安娜·卡列尼娜》 本帖最后由 冷泉泓薇 于 2011-11-20 10:53 编辑

1、请左键点击附件名进入下载页,不要使用右键另存为;
2、如果附件下载被IE阻止,就请手动下载;
3、每下载1个附件将扣减金币1个,被IE阻止后手动下载也不会再扣金币;
4、如果你的金币不足请参考会员赚取金币方法论坛金币快速获取通道
5、成为书香门第VIP会员可以免费下载本站所有书籍,点击这里升级
6、本站所有书籍均来自网络,转载只为分享,请勿用于商业用途;
7、如您认为侵犯了您的权益,请及时联系我们,我们将尽快做出处理;

ANNA KARENINA(安娜·卡列尼娜)@txtnovel.com.rar

58.65 KB, 下载积分: 金币 -1 枚

已有 1 人评分金币 收起 理由
五月雨 + 7 谢谢分享!

总评分: 金币 + 7   查看全部评分

鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)

使用道具 举报

签到天数: 1156 天

[LV.10]以坛为家III

金币
19099 枚
威望
537 点
好评
0 点
爱心值
0 点
钻石
0 颗
贡献值
18796 点
帖子
精华

书香宝贝勋章 书香爱好者勋章 活动之星勋章 书香支持者 叱咤风云勋章 优秀会员勋章 活跃分子勋章 风雨同舟勋章 贡献大使勋章 富翁勋章 发帖达人勋章 鲜花大使勋章 臭蛋大使勋章 出勤勋章 言情勋章 万受无疆 才子 成双成对勋章

鲜花(5) 鸡蛋(0)
2#
发表于 2010-8-12 18:26:47 |只看该作者
我该说什么……
海外不是我哦的菜……= =
楼主辛苦了……
感谢所有人的分享
鲜花(5) 鸡蛋(0)

使用道具 举报

签到天数: 528 天

[LV.9]以坛为家II

金币